No, a genie won’t pop out and teach you how to ride, but this board will grant your wish to cruise the hill with confidence.
Hands down the easiest women’s board out there, the Burton Genie is perfect for aspiring riders looking to build a foundation before moving on to a more performance-oriented option such as the Feather. Like stepping on a magic carpet, the Genie silences your fears, magically teaching balance and board control from the first time you strap in. Easy Bevel combines a soft, mellow flex with a convex base for a virtually-catch free riding experience, while Flat Top™ and a true twin shape provide a stable platform that's effortlessly maneuverable no matter which way you point it. The Channel® mounting system gives you the easiest, most adjustable setup with bindings from all major brands (not just Burton’s).
About the graphic: Artist Helen Musselwhite creates gorgeous landscapes and images from intricately cut and arranged paper. Incredibly detailed, her lush and inviting Genie graphics fit like a mitten with this catch-free, beginner-friendly board.
- Bend: Flat Top™: Rising rider or seasoned pro, keep your game high and tight with Flat Top. A flat profile between the feet means stability, better balance, and continuous edge control. The tip and tail kick up with an early rise outside the feet for the catch-free, loose feeling you’d expect from rocker.
- Shape: Twin Shape: Perfectly symmetrical for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile when ridden regular or switch. Jib, spin, stomp, and butter with a greater balance of freestyle mobility and cat-like stability no matter which way you point it.
- Flex: Twin Flex: The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
- Core: FSC™ Certified Fly® 900G Core: Our classic tip-to-tail wood core, the 900G model utilizes the best of two wood species to lighten the load by 10% without sacrificing flex, pop, or strength.
- Fiberglass: Biax™ Fiberglass: Features a jib-friendly, torsionally soft flex and forgiving, park-friendly feel.
- Base: Extruded Base: Speed, strength, and graphical pop in a base that requires little maintenance. Pass your friends without even waxing.
- Mounting: The Channel®: Stronger, faster, easier, and more adjustable—The Channel® gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton’s). Better yet, all boards with The Channel are fully covered by a 3-year warranty. This means that if you have any issue with any part of the board, even if The Channel is in mint condition, you are covered.
- Squeezebox Low: Profiled core for easier board control, more energy, and pop. With an overall easier feel, Squeezebox Low brings high-end core profiling technology to the progressing rider. Stiffer zones just outside your feet create a more direct energy transfer to the tip and tail, while enabling a softer, smoother flex between the bindings. The end result is more control with less effort from the rider.
- Super Sap® Epoxy: Super Sap® is a resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board, which is good in our book.
- Easy Bevel: Easy Bevel on the Genie, Ripcord, Chopper®, Chopper DC Comics, Chicklet™, Riglet, and After School Special gives riders an incredibly soft and forgiving board that’s virtually impossible to catch an edge on. With a convex base that lifts the edges off the snow and a super soft flex, these boards make it easy to learn balance and board control
- Riding Level: Beginner
- Terrain: All Mountain
- Burton Warranty: 3-Year Warranty: All 2014 and newer Burton snowboards with The Channel mounting system (such as the one you are looking at here) are backed by a three-year warranty from date of purchase. Our W48 Warranty Program ensures that should you have a problem, we'll have your claim repaired or replaced and on its way back to you within two business days of receiving it.Measurements for 142 cm board:
Measurements for 147 cm board:
- Rider Weight (lbs): 100-150 (45-68 kg)
- Running Lenght: 930 mm
- Waist Width: 241 mm
- Sidecut Depth: 17.8 mm
- Sidecut Radius 6.1 m
- Stance Width: 505 mm
- Nose Width: 276.6 mm
- Tail Width: 276.6 mm
- Effective Edge: 1050 mm
- Stance Location: 0
- Binding Sizes: M/L
- Rider Weight (lbs): 120-180 (54-82 kg)
- Running Lenght: 980 mm
- Waist Width: 243 mm
- Sidecut Depth: 18.7 mm
- Sidecut Radius 6.4 m
- Stance Width: 530 mm
- Nose Width: 280.4 mm
- Tail Width: 280.4 mm
- Effective Edge: 1100 mm
- Stance Location: 0
- Binding Sizes: M/L