This team favorite blends Burton’s top technologies with a mid-range flex that’s 100% freestyle-focused.
A pro favorite season after season, the Malavita binding has carved out a reputation for it’s ability to destroy everything that gets in its way. Features like the Heel Hammock, Supergrip Capstrap™, and Asym Hammockstrap™ wrap response around the boot for a seamless fit and ultimate comfort. Offered in two versions, choose the across-the-board compatibility of Re:Flex™ or pair the EST® model (which features the fluid mobility of The Hinge) with a board featuring The Channel® mounting system for the ultimate in flex, feel, and adjustability. Winged hi- backs on the Black / White Wing colorway make for easier tweaks and presses.
- Single-Component Baseplate Construction: One material throughout creates consistent response and feel for all-terrain domination.
- 30% Short-Glass/Nylon Composite Lightweight: Slightly more responsive than the 18% short-glass/nylon composite, yet still plenty playful.
- Re:Flex™: Re:Flex™ offers more flex, feel, and cushioning than traditional disc bindings, in a package that’s universally compatible with all current mounting systems, including 4x4, 3D® and The Channel®. The minimized, cored baseplate with Living Hinge™ disc not only reduces the weight and footprint of the binding, but also bends freely for a more natural feel that unlocks the board’s true flex.
- Canted Living Hinge™: This exclusive technology eliminates hardware and weight, and allows you to adjust your Forward Lean and hi-back rotation independently.
- Zero-Lean Hi-Back: Riders who prefer a more playful and relaxed feel will dig the Zero Forward Lean design on select hi-backs. As always, you can still choose to crank ‘em forward for quicker control when carving or climbing icy pipe walls.
- Heel Hammock: This reinforced rubbery material wraps response around the heel of any boot. Run your straps a little looser and still get lightning fast response out of turns with your heel cradled in complete suspension.
- DialFLAD™: The higher the Forward Lean angle on your hi-backs, the quicker your heel-edge turns. Crank ’em forward for icy hits in the pipe like Danny does, or back ’em off for jibbing. For mind-blowing micro-adjustability, our MicroFLAD™ systems give you twice the options of our traditional FLAD.
- Hi-Back Wing [Black/White Wing Colorway Only]
- ANKLE STRAP:
- Asym Hammockstrap™: Featuring the same minimal and seamlessly comfortable design as the Hammockstrap, this asymmetrical pad and spine shape wraps the boot in response. Flip the straps for increased freedom, or run stock for power and support. • Stitchless, Minimized Injected Design • Ultra-Responsive 3D® Curved, Triple Axis Spine • Ultra-Light Engineered Padding Remains Soft in Cold Temps • Laterally Supportive Asym Shape • Reversible Shape: Choose Between Power or Mobility
- Flex Slider: Burton's Flex Slider makes strapping in a breeze with a strategically stretched hinging zone that allows the heel strap to flex and fall fully open. Thanks to science of forced molecular alignment, the Flex Slider is also stronger, making it worthy of our LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- TOE STRAP: Supergrip Capstrap™: This minimalist design merges two materials into one technologically advanced toe strap. A firmer material in the spine provides a supportive and lightweight skeleton, while a softer over-molded material improves boot wrap and comfort. • Ultra-Minimized and Fully Injected, Over-Molded Design • Ultra-Durable Glue-Less, Stitch-Less, and PU-Free Construction • 3D® Curved, Triple Axis Spine. • True Wrap Toe Window • Conformable as Capstrap or Toe Strap
- BUCKLES: Double Take Buckles Featuring Insta-Click: Be the first to drop in with the rapid ratcheting of Burton’s Double Take Buckles. Helical teeth and “Insta-Click” engagement combine for increased torque per crank, faster uptake, and fewer cranks to tightness. The result: vastly improved strength, speed, and ease-of-use.
- Re:Flex FullBED Cushioning System: FullBED cushioning offers full underfoot cushioning that maximizes comfort while minimizing fatigue. Anchored to the baseplate, its stealth trap door design makes it easy to access the mounting hardware.
- AutoCANT FullBED: Dual-density EVA automatically settles your boot into a natural position regardless of stance width or angles for improved comfort, reduced fatigue, and more direct board control.
- B3 Gel: The same cushioning found in our high-end boots for ultimate dampening that’s formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
- Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste
- BURTON WARRANTY: 1-Year Warranty
- Mounting System: Re:Flex™
- Response: Medium
- Baseplate: Single-Component Baseplate Construction, 30% Short-Glass/Nylon Composite Lightweight, Re:Flex™
- Hi-Back: Canted Living Hinge™, Zero-Lean Hi-Back, Heel Hammock, DialFLAD™, Hi-Back Wing [Black/White Wing Colorway Only]
- Ankle Strap: Asym Hammockstrap™, Flex Slider
- Toe Strap: Supergrip Capstrap™
- Buckles: Double Take Buckles Featuring Insta-Click
- Cushioning: Re:Flex FullBED Cushioning System, AutoCANT FullBED, B3 Gel, Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste